New Orleans Cuisine
On this Rascal + Thorn culinary insights tour we explore the cuisine of New Orleans through the eyes of chefs Alex Harrell and Michael Gulotta. Through their restaurants we see the ingredients used in New Orleans cuisine as well as the fusion of East meets West.
We will also visit many of the classic New Orleans spots that give so much character to this city.
This trip will have many different cocktail excursions as New Orleans is one of the great cocktail cities in the US.
From a visit to the Museum of the American Cocktail to a cocktail workshop with the great Chris McMillian, we will learn and taste the great classic New Orleans drinks. And to top it off, we end our last day with a cocktail crawl throughout the city.
This trip is filled with unique and special excursions.
Some of the highlights include a visit to the Museum of the American Cocktail guided by the local journalist Todd Price, an oyster shucking workshop with chef Alex Harrell, a visit to the World War II Museum, and a walking Jazz tour.
But the best excursion of all is a day trip to Lafayette for a boudin-making workshop and a crawfish boil.
- Dooky Chase
- Acadian Superette
- Parkway Bakery & Tavern
- Visit and Tour of the Museum of the American Cocktail
- Visit to the World War II Museum
- Oyster shucking workshop with chef Alex Harrell
- Cocktail workshop with bartender Chris McMillian
- Boudin-making workshop in Lafayette
- Crawfish Boil
- Walking Jazz Tour
- Cocktail Crawl
- Many other treats
- 4 overnights at The Pontchartrain Hotel
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners
- All transportation within Louisiana (private vehicle)
- Tour leaders
- Chef guides
- Comprehensive sightseeing including all admissions
- Guided food excursions
- Tasting and Wine-Pairing Menus
- All Taxes
- Airfare before or after trip
- Travel Insurance
- Tips to tour, hotel staff
We will stay at the beautifully renovated Ponchartrain Hotel in the Garden District.
$2595 per person
A deposit of $595 is due to secure a place on the trip. Reservations are taken on a first-come / first-serve basis.
Single Supplement $425
Final payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour