Chef Johnny Spero is one of the rising stars of the Washington, DC culinary scene. We will explore where he has been as well as his wonderful, brand new restaurant, Reverie.
Chef Spero will be our special chef co-leader for this great weekend of dining and spirits.
minibar by Jose Andres is this super-star chef’s flagship restaurant, where Chef Johnny Spero was formerly the Chef-de-Cuisine.
Jose Andres was named by Time Magazine as one of the 100 Most Influential People of 2012 and he won the James Beard Outstanding Chef Award in 2011.
minibar by Jose Andres remains the top representation of Spanish-style Modernist cooking in this country.
Kentucky Derby Cocktail Workshop
Chef Spero is the culinary director at The Columbia Room, one of the finest bars in the country (no. 1 in 2017 according to Tales of the Cocktail).
Join us on Kentucky Derby Day for a cocktail workshop featuring creative variations of Derby cocktails like the Mint Julep and more.
- Minibar by Jose Andres
- Columbia Room
- Saturday morning excursion (TBD)
- Cocktail Workshop – Columbia Room
- 2 Overnights at a premium hotel
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- All Transportation within Washington DC
- Tour Leaders Dr. John Sconzo & Charles Grabitzky
- Comprehensive Sightseeing Including All Admissions
- Tasting and Wine-Pairing Menus
- All Taxes
- Airfare before or after trip
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Tips to tour, hotel staff
For this weekend we are staying a premium hotel for 2 nights.
A deposit of $395 is due to secure a place on the trip. Reservations are taken on a first-come / first-serve basis.
Single Supplement is $300.
Final payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour.
Please contact us for a Reservation Form.