On this Rascal + Thorn culinary insights tour we explore the cuisine of Northern Italy. From truffles to parmigiano to balsamic and more, Northern Italian product is superb. Our tour visits some of the best dining to be had from Modena to Alba.
Restaurants included are Osteria Francescana, Piazza Duomo, Mirazur, Dal Pescatore, Tokuyoshi, Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia, and many others.
This trip offers so many great excursions!
These include market visits, tours of parmigiano, balsamico and grappa producers, Barolo winery visits and tastings, and a truffle hunt near Alba.
The area we are visiting is full of historical sightseeing. We will visit the Last Supper in Milano, an exhibition on Madness in Lago di Garda, a castle near Alba overlooking the Barolo vineyards and the Egyptian Museum in Torino.
These are just some of the historical sights we will visit on this great overview trip on Northern Italy and its cuisine.
- Ristorante Tokuyoshi
- Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia
- Osteria Francescana
- Lido 84
- Dal Pescatore
- Ciau Del Tornavento
- Piazza Duomo
- Il Centro
- Magazzino 52
- And many others
- Tour of the Last Supper in Milan
- Visit downtown Milan and the Duomo
- Visit markets in Modena, Alba and Torino
- Tour a parmigiano producer
- Tour a balsamico producer
- Tour a grappa producer
- Visit Barolo wineries
- Truffle hunt near Alba with guide and dog
- Chocolate walking tour in Torino
- Visit the Egyptian Museum in Torino
- Many other treats
- 7 Overnights in 5***** & 4**** Hotels in Milan and Modena
- All meals at restaurants included in the itinerary
- All Transportation within Italy (private Vehicle)
- Tour Leaders Dr. John Sconzo & Charles Grabitzky
- Comprehensive Sightseeing Including All Admissions
- Guided Food Excursions
- Tasting and Wine-Pairing Menus
- All Taxes
- Airfare before or after trip
- Travel Insurance (highly recommended)
- Tips to tour, hotel staff
We will stay at boutique hotels throughout Northern Italy.
$5995 per person
A deposit of $995 is due to secure a place on the trip. Reservations are taken on a first-come / first-serve basis.
Single Supplement $1700
Final payment is due 60 days prior to the start of the tour